I hope everyone had a safe, fun New Year’s Eve, however you chose to celebrate.
I just found this picture in my phone.
I can only imagine I took it as the First Selfie of 2014?
Today, I want to say thanks for following, reading, liking, and commenting. To celebrate the first day of the new year, here’s a reflection on some of my top posts from 2014, and a look ahead to the new year.
Ten Most-Viewed Posts of 2013
10. Graze Box #1: Super Berry Detox. Delicious Graze! The first snack I tried from my first box.
9. Top Ten Tuesday: TBR. In which I write about all of the books I want to read over winter break. With less than a week left, I can say that I only finished one so far, and started a second. Whoops!
8. November: Not Just for Novel Writing. Did you know there’s also an Academic Writing Month hosted during November? I didn’t either, until this year. I wish I had known about this while I was working on my MA. I think I would have been much more productive.
7. Graze Box #1: Honeycomb Crunch. This might be my favorite Graze snack I’ve had so far. I’m gonna be sad if I don’t get it again before they stop sending chocolate out!
6. NaNoWriMo 2013: Sharing Your Work. If you’re a writer, do you share details of your works-in-progress or do you keep them to yourself?
5. Chocolate M&M Lazy Cake Cookies. These are seriously the best cookie bars. And there are so many possibilities. I’ve made them with Rolos and M&Ms before, and I’m sure there are a lot of other candies that would be great in it.
4. In the Kitchen: Goat Cheese Pasta Bake with Chicken. I am not usually very adventurous in the kitchen, but I’m pretty impressed with myself with this recipe. Easy, yummy, and so much wonderful deliciousness.
3. Off the Box: Bacon, Tomato, and Avocado Quesadilla. I found this on a box of Land O’Lakes, but I still haven’t tried it. It sounds good but I have a hard time eating tomato, and I’m not sure if I like avocados. Has anyone tried it? Tell me your thoughts if you do!
2. Miso Soup for One. Sometimes you just have to cook for yourself, and sometimes you need it to be delicious soup with veggies.
1. Delicious Cheesecake Dip. I made this for a carry-in at Miami and it was a huge hit. If you want to make easy cheesecake (that’s definitely an indulgence) for an event, this recipe is where it’s at.
Ten Most-Commented Posts
10. It’s the Holiday Season! Sometimes you realize that your obligations are time-sensitive, and that time is coming to an end. Sometimes I am happy, sometimes I am sad about this.
9. Review: MaddAddam by Margaret Atwood. As I said yesterday, this was my favorite read of the year. I’m sure no one is surprised. I can’t get enough Margaret Atwood in my life!
8. Top Ten Books I was “Forced” To Read. I think this was the first Top Ten Tuesday post I did. I’ve been “forced” to read a lot of books I actually really love!
7. November: Not Just for Novel Writing. See above. 🙂
6. 25 Years Old, Still Reading with Dad. This was the post that got me back into blogging, I think. I’ve still been hit-or-miss, but it was a lot of fun to think about my reading experiences and how fortunate I am to have a lifelong reading buddy!
5. Celebrating Bloggers with the Versatile Blogger Award. I was so excited to be nominated by Priceless Joy for this award and to be able to pass it on to other bloggers.
4. Vote in my Giveaway Poll. I really appreciate everyone who contributed their thoughts on what I should give away. Now that’s it’s 2014, the giveaway is coming–so keep your eyes on the lookout! 🙂
3. (Secret) Santa Claus is Comin’ to Town. This year, I participated in the Secret Santa exchange hosted by The Broke and The Bookish, and I’m so glad I did! It was so much fun!
2. Do You Graze? In which I talk about Graze because I think I do that a lot.
1. Top Ten Tuesday: TBR. Apparently lots of people were interested in my list of books I “planned to read” over winter break. Maybe I will get through all of them in 2014! 🙂
So What’s Ahead?
2014 is a brand new year, and I’m looking forward for the growth and development that will come for myself as a person, as an instructor and scholar, and as a blogger. While I won’t be making many changes around the blog, per se, you will probably notice a wider variety of posts around.
For example, I’m planning to write a bit more about my experiences as an adjunct and some of the more professional interests that I have. I also hope to be in the kitchen a bit more and posting about those adventures, as well. You will also probably see some more posts on things that I just happen to like, a wider glimpse into my personality, if you will.
You can also look for an exciting give away coming sometime this month! I have a couple of things to straighten out before I announce it, so if you are interested in freebies, keep your eyes out for it!
What are your plans for 2014?