Brought to you by Land O Lakes Unsalted Butter
Prep time 25 min; Total time 1 hour
Makes 5 dozen cookies
- 2 cups sugar, divided use
- 3/4 cup Land O Lakes Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 TSP baking powder
- 1/4 TSP salt
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Combine 1 cup sugar and 3/4 cup butter in large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy.
2. Add egg to sugar and butter mixture. Continue beating until well mixed.
3. Reduce speed to low and add flour, baking powder, and salt. Beat until well-mixed.
4. Place remaining 1 cup sugar in small bowl.
5. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Dip top of each ball in water, then in sugar. Place 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
6. Bake for 8-14 minutes or until edges are very lightly browned.